ChoiceOne is strongly committed to the communities in which we do business. Our Mission Statement ties our goal of financial well-being not only to our clients, employees and shareholders, but also to the communities we serve. Our Values Statement stresses our community activities by valuing the contributions we make to our communities; treating our communities with honesty, dignity and respect; and strengthening the communities we serve by investing our resources, time, and talents. Towards this end, our employees volunteer 2,500 hours of their time annually with civic and charitable organizations such as: Chamber of Commerce, Rotary, American Red Cross, Muscular Dystrophy, YMCA, Michigan Community Blood Program, foundation and school boards, religious organizations, youth sport clubs, school booster clubs, service clubs, and many other non-profit organizations.
If you are interested in learning about our products or services, please contact us at 616-887-7366, toll-free at 1-888-775-6687, or visit us at any ChoiceOne Branch location, or via email at moc.enoeciohc@ofni1hc.
Why Local Choice is important
The true characteristics of a community bank are Local Decisions, Local Commitment and Local Investment. Here are the others:
- Community banks focus attention on the needs of local families, businesses, and farmers.
- Community banks balance the needs of customers, employees and shareholders.
- Community banks use local deposits to make loans to the neighborhoods where their depositors live and work.
- Community bank officers are accessible to their customers on site with decisions on loans made locally.
- Community bank employees are deeply involved in local community affairs.
- Community banks are willing to consider important attributes, such as a person's character, when making loans.
- Community banks are themselves small businesses, so we understand the needs of small business owners.
- Community banks' boards of directors are made up of local citizens who want to advance the interests of the towns and cities where they live and the bank does business.
- President and CEO Jim Bosserd, along with his management team, all live in and support the community. Big banks cannot say this.
Committed to Community
Community service has always been a fundamental aspect of our mission. Every year ChoiceOne Bank becomes more involved in the active support of growing our communities because vibrant communities nurture strong, healthy families and businesses. Our employees give countless hours to our communities in their service as ChoiceOne Bank Ambassadors. ChoiceOne continues its tradition of support to hundreds of community organizations with time, equipment, in-kind and monetary donations.
In August 2011 ChoiceOne and Spectrum Health co-sponsored the USCA Canoe and Kayak National Championship. The event took place on Newaygo’s Muskegon River and brought hundreds of racers, their families, and twice as many spectators into the Newaygo community. ChoiceOne sponsors these events because we know they bring new revenue into our communities and keep them growing strong.
Committed to Caring
- We welcome our customers
- We engage our customers
- We appreciate our customers
These are the ChoiceOne standards employees created when we set out to redefine our vision of customer service. Each employee participated in a Moments of Truth Assessment and created the customer service standards that now define and enrich every customer experience.
When the culture of an organization is focused on service, relationships develop naturally. Familiarity and friendships take hold and grow. The “little things” become fundamental — warm welcomes, greetings by name, personal attention, engagement and most importantly, customer appreciation.